GACC 2010 @ MMU Malacca (20th March 2010)

There's a slew of tournaments happening this weekend at MMU Malacca on both Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday line-up includes SF4 so if you're free and want to play some SF4 head down to Malacca. You can find details for the tournament, registration forms and rulings at their main page here:

GACC 2010 Tournament Details

The tournament ended quickly, lasting for only 2 hours plus due to the single elimination format. There were 19 contestants and a good mix of characters - Akuma, Gouken, Ryu, Ken, Abel (finally another Abel), Honda, Zangief, Sagat, Vega etc.

I matched up against 2 Ryus in the first 2 rounds, E.Honda in the 3rd and Gouken in the 4th. The Gouken player surprised me a bit with his timely parries, mental note to remember he can do that. Not many Gouken players around here.

This put me in the finals against fellow ICMY player Penangite Jason Sim's Zangief. You can watch the finals match here:

Finals: Abel (Vern) vs Zangief (Jason)

I won out in the finals to my relief. With that the tournament closed and I won myself RM100 in cash and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment