Video Study #1: Vern (ABE) vs. LKH (RYU)



Here's the first Abel video I'm going to be looking at, an old one of mine from the SF4 hey days which has maybe one useful part in it? I'm playing pretty badly in this one so bear with me... take it as an Abel "what not to do" tutorial if you will.

The real take away from this video is at 1:37. Ryu tries to bait out my ultra not once but twice knowing I can blow through it with Soulless. Keep this in mind when Ryu starts throwing fireballs from long range.

Highlights
0:08 - Back dash and forward dashing right after... don't do it.
0:25 - The EX TT looked good right there but if Ryu back dashed there he'd be in position to punish Abel.
1:37 - Ryu tries to bait an ultra to punish by using Hadoken FADCs. Be aware of a potential fake out if Ryu has enough bars to FADC.
2:30 - Me baiting out the SRK. Ryu has safer options than wake-up SRK at that point though... njp, cr.LP jabs or even back dash if he expected a TT.
3:40 - Ryu does a EX Hadoken to Ultra which would combo. He should have hit confirmed with a cr.MK first though in my opinion.
4:41 - fwd.mk to light string to tick TT to end the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment